HPLC Scientist II — Pharmaceutical Chemistry
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory. As Scientist II - Pharmaceutical Chemistry you will play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively.
This role focuses on routine analyses of products and method verification using HPLC predominantly and also wet chemistry techniques, including method validation. You will get the opportunity to train junior members of the team and engage with external clients.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Perform a range of routine analyses using HPLC and wet chemistry techniques independently and provide interpretation of results generated by HPLC as required.
- Perform method verification and design study protocols with support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the HPLC systems including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports).
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for routine pharmacopoeia studies.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- To liase with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required.
- Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
Leadership and supervision
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Train junior members of the team in routine methods.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner.
- Assist with the documentation of SOPs for simple equipment and tests and generation of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Clear motivation to join the Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory.
- Significant experience with HPLC; including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements.
- Excellent organisation skills and able to work on, and delegate duties for, multiple projects concurrently.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to confidently communicate with client’s and colleagues.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment- GMP preferred.English fluency (written and spoken).
- Wet Chemistry experience.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry experience.
- Experience from a contract research organisation.
Click here to find out more or apply: www.rssl.com/why-choose-rssl/careers