Senior Scientist Wet Chemistry Laboratory
The exciting opportunity is for a Senior Scientist I - Wet Chemistry who will be responsible for providing technical direction and leading within the Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory. You will play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately. This role focuses on performing bench work for and delivering high quality routine and investigative wet chemistry analyses of raw materials and method verification of pharmacopoeia wet chemistry methods. Data approval, management and training of junior members of the team, client contact, project management and administrative support for laboratory management are also key parts of the role.
- Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results to GMP standards.
- Provide Technical direction of wet chemistry techniques within the team.
- Accountability for assigned wet chemistry analyses / projects across departments.
- Perform a range of analyses using wet chemistry independently.
- Perform complex analyses and design or review study protocols.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Perform data checking / approval and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
- Proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages require for the role.
- Responsible for project management of a portfolio of projects
Laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse, CRM and OpenLab.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities, methods and interpretation.
- Take responsibility for elements of specific projects and/or specific areas of general laboratory/sample administration tasks as required.
- Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence
- Work as part of an efficient analytical team.
- To liase with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required.
- Deliver internal presentations across groups and to technical stakeholders.
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
Leadership and supervision.
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff.
- Train junior members of the team as required.
- Manage a team of Scientists and Technicians, developing skills needed to be a strong line manager.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner, including review and approval.
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods.
- Generate and review Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client audits.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Understand and adhere at all times to the requirements of GMP
- Educated to Degree or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Excellent understanding of wet chemistry techniques and equipment.
- Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis.
- Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with client’s and colleagues.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
- Able to organise own work and others to maximise output.
- Computer literate in standard MS office applications.
- Ability to problem solve and plan resources to maintain workflow in delivery of projects.
- Ability to deliver projects/work within tight timescales and ability to motivate, mentor and line manage junior scientific staff.
- Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Extended experience of working in wet chemistry area.
- Experience of working for or with, a CRO.
- Analytical Project management.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
Click here to find out more or apply: www.rssl.com/why-choose-rssl/careers