Surfachem Group, a major distributor of speciality chemicals to the cosmetics and personal care, household, industrial and institutional cleaning, pharmaceutical and industrial chemicals markets, is looking to recruit a QSHE Manager. The core responsibility for the Group Quality, Security, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager is to develop and drive the company’s QSHE culture.
Reporting to the Surfachem Group Managing Director, the QSHE Manager will work alongside the 2M Compliance Director and embrace the development, implementation and management of a company-wide QSHE system to support the business in its delivery of strategic growth through existing and future international operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for strategic Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental activities at all Surfachem Group sites.
- Overall responsibility for gaining and maintaining approvals to ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and any additional applicable certifications relevant to the business.
- Overall responsibility for advising the group on all applicable QSHE legislation, regulations and standards and monitoring compliance.
- Develop and implement effective and compliant policies, procedures, controls, and measures in all areas of QSHE.
- Overall responsibility for customer QSHE management.
- Preparation, implementation and application of the overall QSHE Plan for senior management approval across all sites aimed at improving performance and reducing risk in QSHE areas across the group.
- Ensure that all audits of critical suppliers, 3rd party processors and internal processes are managed and assessed to ensure compliance with both internal and external requirements and to minimize risk. Ensure any QSHE incidents, complaints and near misses are effectively investigated, corrective/preventive action applied and appropriate records maintained.
- Manage the compilation and ongoing QSHE procedures and plans specific to the needs of the business, and review, monitor, analyse, and report QSHE statistics, KPI’s, Safety Indicators, objectives, and targets for business improvement.
- Motivate, coach, and encourage all personnel in QSHE matters.
- Drive QSHE training within the company.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company KPI’s/Safety Performance indicators are achieved and exceeded.
- NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent qualification
- Degree educated or equivalent
- QA experience of implementing and working with accreditation standards
- Working within a chemical environment
- Working knowledge of COSHH
- Experienced in carrying out Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments
- Experience of working on a COMAH site
- Understanding the importance of Human Factors in Safe Operating Procedures
- Experience of working with HACCP. Pharma, Feed and Food legislation
Details of employment
- Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Full time permanent position
- Based at Operations site in Elland, Halifax
Should you feel that you fulfill the requirements of the role, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Closing date: 4th September 2015
For more information please visit www.surfachem.com/group-qshe-manager.