Macrophage Pharma appoints scientific advisory board
Macrophage Pharma, a company focused on the discovery and development of next-generation small molecules aiming to modulate immune responses to combat cancer and other diseases, has formed an international Scientific Advisory Board (SAB).
The SAB will closely work with management team as it seeks to maximise the potential of its proprietary Esterase Sensitive Motif (ESM) platform and evolve Macrophage Pharma into a leading immunotherapy company.
The Scientific Advisory Board includes:
- Professor Tanja de Gruijl, Translational Tumor Immunology and Head Immunotherapy Lab at Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Vrije Universiteit Cancer Center, Amsterdam
- Professor Liza Makowski, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Professor Alberto Mantovani, Humanitas University, Scientific Director, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Milan and Chair of Inflammation and Therapeutic Innovation, William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary University, London
- Professor Luke O’Neill, Head of Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College Dublin
- Dr Mike Owen, Chairman of the Board of Ossianix Inc and Director of Zealand Pharma, Avacta Group plc, ReNeuron plc and GammaDelta Therapeutics
- Dr Laszlo Radvanyi, President & Scientific Director, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR), Toronto, Canada.
Steven Powell, CEO of Macrophage Pharma, said: “We are delighted to have attracted this stellar group of experts to our advisory board. Their collective knowledge and experience in the field of immunology and oncology will be invaluable as we seek to realise the full therapeutic potential of our ESM technology in both cancer and non-cancer fields.”