Solvias, an independent pharmaceutical testing and manufacturing company, has acquired Netherlands-based Cergentis. The acquisition bolsters Solvias' platform of biologics and cell and gene therapy (CGT) testing solutions.
As more researchers leverage emerging genetic engineering techniques to develop complex, novel medicines, they require sophisticated solutions to analyse their safety and effectiveness.
With the addition of Cergentis, Solvias supports the increasing number of global pharmaceutical, biotech, and contract development and manufacturing organisations developing genetically engineered therapies with an expanded platform of testing services highlighted by:
- a highly scientific team possessing advanced degrees and deep expertise steeped in emerging genome techniques and evolving regulatory requirements
- proprietary genomic analysis technology that delivers comprehensive data in a single experiment that enables effective decision-making and R&D program design
- a global network serving customers across three continents
- customised support for distinct genetic engineering applications, including cell and gene therapy, cell line development & genetically engineered models
- specialised knowledge in genomic sequencing of early-stage cell lines to support one of the first steps in the R&D process
- high-touch support encompassing end-to-end logistical services, digital project management and reporting capabilities to enable rapid turnaround time
Archie Cullen, CEO of Solvias, said: "We are relentlessly focused on ensuring the safety of new therapies in development. Cergentis is a cornerstone acquisition that expands our solutions supporting complex and emerging therapies. We will continue to pursue strategic acquisitions that add specialised capabilities to our offering and advance our goal of being a forerunner in our industry."
Effective immediately, Cergentis CEO Schuurmans will join Solvias' leadership team and continue to lead operations for Cergentis.
We will continue to pursue strategic acquisitions that add specialised capabilities to our offering
Schuurmans, added: "We are excited to become part of a global leader that complements our scientific expertise, innovation and customer service. Solvias and Cergentis share a deep commitment to providing our customers with the highest quality solutions and support to safely get their products into the hands of patients who need them."
Cergentis marks Solvias' second acquisition since partnering with health care investors Water Street Healthcare Partners and JLL Partners in 2020. The company has recruited industry leaders to join its board and commenced a program to significantly upgrade and expand its information technology platform and infrastructure to support its plans for global expansion.
Financial terms of the acquisition are not being disclosed.