Position for the Internal Account Manager has arisen at Surfachem Group, a major distributor of speciality chemicals and surfactants to the cosmetics and personal care, household, industrial and institutional cleaning, pharmaceutical and industrial chemicals markets.
Working within the dynamic, fast-moving Sales department, the Internal Account Manager will be responsible for proactively retaining and developing existing and new customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service to our market and providing prompt and knowledgeable support to our customers and Account Managers.
This is full-time position based at our Head office in Leeds City Centre.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Action all incoming customer enquiries promptly and efficiently including all administrative tasks associated with these enquiries.
- Process and follow up all sample requests and apply charges where appropriate.
- Transcribe full and accurate order details onto the computer system in line with customer requirement and departmental/company procedure.
- Promptly and politely answer telephone calls.
- Communicate to customers all stock related issues offering alternatives where possible.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with Surfachem products/service and share findings with interested internal parties. Communicate any service level deficiencies to the appropriate departments.
- Seek and report any competitive insight to inform strategy and purchasing/pricing tactics.
- Provide intensive support to Account Managers.
- Provide cover for all areas as and when required.
- Develop intimate knowledge of customer business activity and supply opportunities to inform sales activity and supply needs.
- Build, maintain and update personal knowledge of product portfolio and services.
- Build customer loyalty to ensure Surfachem are always given an opportunity to quote across full product portfolio.
- Establish and build effective working relationships with key departments such as Technical, Purchasing, Business Management, Distribution and Credit Control.
- Perform customer visits where required.
Essential experience and skills:
- Proven experience of customer services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Negotiation skills.
- Computer literate with experience of basic Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good numeric agility.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Experience of working in a sales environment.
- Commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of the chemical industry, products or service.
- Life science qualification.
- UK driving licence.
Should you feel that you fulfil the requirements of the role, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV and salary expectations to Rosina Green, HR Manager at Surfachem, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 3 July 2015
Strictly no agencies.